Monday, May 19, 2008

I Did It!!!

So my goal was to finish under two hours and I did it in 1 hour and 38 minutes!! The first event was swimming 300 meters, which was the hardest for me, especially since the pool there was twice as long as the one we'd practiced in. I did that in 13+ minuets, then the first transition took 4+ minutes to the bikes. The bike course had a killer uphill, then a long flat/ gradual incline stretch, then a great downhill at the end, we did that loop twice for a total of 11.4 miles, which I did in 50+ minutes. Then transition #2 in 50 seconds, and back to the loop for the run, which was half the loop, still including the killer uphill at the beginning, and great downhill at the end, for 3.1ish miles, which I ran in 29 minutes, a personal best!
So I'm still alive and ready for our well earned trip to Hawaii, in 15 days, not that I'm counting, Aloha!!

5 comments:

Tukuafu's said...

WAHOOOOO!!! Congrats, I knew you could do it!

Carleton & Robyn said...

Good Job Catherine - that's really cool!

Cordell and Sarah said...

Way to go Catherine. Wish we could have been there to see you. You're amazing! Hope you have a great time in Hawaii. Can't wait to see you guys.

Brittany said...

so wish i could've done it with ya...next time i am so there. so i think you need to post some hawaii pics..ya, still haven't seen them yet. :)

Zabriskie Family said...

Yeah For the triathlon. I had a BLAST. I can't wait to do it again. Great job and how you will do it again.